- This event has passed.
Annual HFMA Region 2 Fall Institute
October 19, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - October 21, 2016 @ 1:00 pm
“THE FUTURE OF HEALTHCARE: ADAPT TODAY, THRIVE TOMORROW”
Who Should Attend:
CFOs, VPs of Finance, Controllers, Department Heads, Administrators, Revenue Cycle Leaders,
Chargemaster Coordinators, Directors of Finance, Budget Analysts,
Managed Care Contractors, Reimbursement Managers, Denial Management Specialists,
Patient Financial Service Managers and Supervisors, Accountants and Compliance Staff
Strategic general sessions and breakout sessions that address many of the issues and
trends occurring in the healthcare industry today.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Pre-Conference Session: Included in Region 2 Conference Fee
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM HFMA CHFP
Certification Review Class:
It is strongly suggested that you review the CHFP study guide prior to this session. If you do
not currently have a study guide, and would like one, they are available through Michele Mecomonaco at
mmecomonaco [at] fcc-cpa [dot] com at a discounted rate.
Rachelle Fletcher, MSHSA, FHFMA; Account executive/Director of Revenue Cycle;
Navigant Healthcare Cymetrix/Cayuga Medical Center
Michele Mecomonaco, CPA, FHFMA; Senior Consulting Manager, Fust Charles Chambers, llP
This session will connect the CHFP study guide concepts to practical applications in order to help you
prepare for the CHFP test. Taught by subject matter experts, this course will utilize high level real-world
examples, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and hone your knowledge. Each of the experts are
also CHFPs or FHFMAs, so they have experience with the test questions.
Note: This session will require a minimum of 10 registrants to be held.
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM Pre-Conference Cocktail Reception for All Registered Conference Attendees
the Clubhouse at Shenendoah Golf Course
Thursday, Octo ber 20, 2016
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM Registration and Breakfast in the Vendor Fair
8:00 AM Welcome & opening Remarks -Eric Fehrman, CPA, Regional executive 2016-17, HFMA Region 2
8:00 AM – 9:15 AM Get Into the Goal-Setting Mindset
Daymond, John, Founder and Ceo of FUBU, Investor on ABC’s Shark tank
In this keynote, “The Shark” Daymond John shares with audiences how he went from driving cabs and
waiting tables to creating a global fashion empire with retail sales exceeding four billion dollars to date and
a starring role on ABC’s hit reality business show, Shark Tank. John awes audiences with true-life tales of
his incredible successes — and several teachable failures. He motivates, inspires, and instructs them on
how to set their own goals and go after them with renewed focus, zeal, and determination.
9:15 AM – 9:45 AM Meet and Greet Daymond John & Networking Break in the Vendor Fair
9:45 AM – 11:15 AM executive Panel Discussion – Affiliations: Merely Surviving or thriving?
Moderator: Allan P. Dekaye, President and CEO, Dekaye Consulting, Inc.
William Allison, CPA, Sr. VP for Administration and Coo, South Nassau Communities Hospital
Joseph Guarracino, Sr. VP and CFO, White Plains Hospital
Meredith Price, CFO, St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center
Joyce Zimowski, Sr. VP, Rochester Regional Health Medical Group
Thursday, October 20, 2016
11:45 AM – 12:45 PM Breakout Sessions
- A1 – Using Data Analysis to Improve ACO Performance – IDette ELizondo, MBA, Manager Veralon
- A2 – Understanding Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC’s) and Risk Adjustment in Shift to Value Based Care
- A3 – Targeting Self-Pay Patients for Enrollment in NY Medicaid Expansion Health Insurance Marketplace Plans – Tina Eller, VP & Global Head of RCMS Health Care – Sutherland Healthcare Solutions
- A4 – Long Term Care Update – Darius Kirstein, Director of Financial Policy & Analysis – LeadingAge New York
1:45 PM – 2:45 PM Breakout Sessions
- B1 – THe $10K Question: Tackling the Complexities of Value Based Physician Compensation – Karin Chernoff Kaplan, MBA, CVA Drector – Veralon and Jessica E. Stack, MBA, Manager – Veralon
- B2 – How Well Will Your Organization Perform Under Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Mandatory Bundled Payments? – Maria C. Miranda, FACHE, Director Reimbursement Services – BESLER Consulting
- B3 – Clinical Documentation Integrity – Cynthia Pickney, DO, Associate Director – Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- B4 – Legal Update – Marguerite A. Massett, CHC, Partner, Gerogry A. Mattacola, CHC, Counsel and Mary M. Miner, Associate – Hancock Estabrook, LLC
3:15 PM – 4:15 PM Breakout Sessions
- C1 – Riding the Wave of Provider Consolidations – Susan A. Benz, Partner and Arthur W. Adelberg, Partner from Barclay Damon, LLP
- C2 – HCRA Surcharge Reporting – Jesse Schulman, Senior Associate, Min Han, Senior Associate – KPMG
- C3 – What’s New in the World of 340B? Are you Prepared? (Part 1) – Jim Donnelly, VP 340B Pharmacy Services – Hudson Headwaters Health Network
- C4 – Managing Information Security in a Ransonware World – Carl G. Cadregari, Executive Vice President – Bonadio & Co.,LLP
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM Breakout Sessions
- D1 – Trends in Commercial Plans & Their Impact on Your Financial Health – Frank Lonardo, Partner – Cammack Health LLC
- D2 – Financial Strength Through Consumerism and Pricing Transparency – Gordon Sanit, Managing Director and Mark Nichols, Director – Deloitte & Touche LLP
- D3 – What’s New in The World of 340B? Are you Prepared (Part 2) – Jim Donnelly, VP 340B Pharmacy Services – Hudson Headwaters Health Network
- D4 – Accounting And Audit Update – Michael J. Laquidari, CPA Audit Senior Manager and Melissa A Pangaro, CPA Audit Senior Manager both from Fust Charles and Chambers, LLP
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Networking Reception in the Vendor Fair
Friday, October 21, 2016
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM – Breakfast in the Vendor Fair
8:00 AM – 9:15 AM – The Future of Health Care is Now – Ceci Connolly, President and CEO – Alliance of Community Health Plans
9:15 AM – 10:30 AM – New York State Reimbursement Update – Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS)
10:30AM – 11:00 AM – Networking Break – Hotel Check out
11:00 AM – 12:15 PM – DSRIP Update – Next Steps – John W. Gahan, Jr., Healthcare Financial Consultant and William N. Wildridge III, CPA, Partner – Fust Charles and Chambers, LLP
THE END – Click Link Below for Official Flyer and Registration Form!