Dear HFMA Colleague:
We are pleased to announce that the Northeastern New York chapter of HFMA is partnering with Avadyne Health to offer 3 scholarships for new members. We understand that in these challenging economic times, organizations might limit or make reductions to the budget lines of departments for professional memberships. Many times, this restriction precludes someone who has great interest in career growth and professional development from becoming a member of HFMA. We would like to provide an opportunity for your organization by helping you develop someone that you feel would benefit from a membership in HFMA.
We will pay for up to 3 new member’s HFMA membership fee for both the current membership year (May 2017-2018) as well as the upcoming membership year (May 2018-2019). In return, we ask that the individual participate on one of our planning committees, such as Programming, Membership, Innovation, or Sponsorship. The criteria are as follows:
- The application (Attached) must be submitted by November 17th, 2017
- Must be a new member to HFMA
- Actively participate on one of the NENY chapters committees. (Our current committee chairs will contact them and mentor through this process)
- Referred by their supervisor or someone else in their organization that is a member of HFMA and encourage them to actively participate with the NENY chapter
- Be employed by a provider organization
- Located in the current chapter area (Capital District)
If you know someone you would like to refer for this scholarship, please complete the attached application and forward it back to Jim Gavin at jgavin821 [at] gmail [dot] com.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact Jade Litchfield at 518-683-2265 or Jade [dot] Litchfield [at] Cerner [dot] com.
Jade Litchfield Jim Gavin
HFMA NENY President HFMA NENY Board Member
Jade Litchfield, MHA
Jade [dot] Litchfield [at] cerner [dot] com